The noise of aircraft taking off from Gatwick Airport constantly affects us. We are situated on the western edge of Lambourne 26, a Noise Preferential Route (NPR) established in the 1960's, which is a 3 km wide path that aircraft use when taking off in a westerly direction and then turning 180 degrees to travel east. Aircraft can stray from this swathe and all should be reported preferably with date, time and operator airline.
Contraversially the route was changed so that planes fly much closer to Coldharbour outside of the NPR. Following a long campagin spearheaded by PlaneWrong the route was moved back to its original position on May 26th 2016.
You can submit noise complaints and enquiries through the following methods:
- Online web-form: https://viewpoint-eu.emsbk.com/lgw3
- Automated phone line by calling: 01293 311 568
- Mobile application, available from: https://viewpoint-app.emsbk.com/lgw3 and can be saved by:
- From iPhone: Tap the box with vertical arrow and select add to home screen
- From Android: Tap the 3 Menu dots and select save to homepage
The latest GACC newsletter can be found here.